Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Grateful for Sarasota's Pristine Beaches!!!!

As someone who loves the beach and loves to be in the water, I wondered about the impact that the Deepwater Horizon disaster might have on our pristine coast.  I thought about that long and hard when I entered the Gulf of Mexico this morning for my morning swim (2,500 yards) along the shoreline.  I have been in the same blue green water at least 3-4 times a week since I returned in early August.  Each time I enter the water, I look out on the horizon to see if any tar balls have made their way to the magnificent beaches that surround Sarasota. I look in the water to see if there is a hidden disaster that lurks beneath our waters To my surprise, I have seen none.  Zero. Not one tar ball, or anything that resembles oil has come near Siesta Key Beach, Longboat Key or Casey Key, and I do not think any will at this point. 

I say this because some people still seem skeptical about buying Sarasota real estate. Potential home buyers remain unsure about the effects the oil might have on our stunning beaches, fishing, and home values.  I know, first hand, that potential buyers feared housing prices would come down even more once the oil hit the beaches in early August.

Here is the other side of that equation. I believe that there are others out there that see the oil spill as an opportunity to buy a great Sarasota home situated on, or near a beautiful beach, at a bargain price.  Those people see the value, and are confident that they will be able to enjoy all that the Sarasota beaches have to offer in Sarasota.

If people are worried that the rental market has been adversly affected, I would suggest taking a look at the bookings for this coming season.  Everyone I have talked to, in the business, is telling me that bookings are very strong for the upcoming season. I have had a hard time finding suitable rentals for customers planning to visit.  There are few accommodations available for rent on Siesta Key or Longboat Key.

As the oil threat fades, I am certain we will experience a healthy season of visitors and potential home buyers. With housing prices where they are (rock bottom), interest rates still hovering near historic lows, and the rebound of the euro, Sarasota, Florida is still an extremely attractive place to own real estate.  It won't last long before we start to see prices rebound.

The beach is OPEN and absolutely pristine!  The fish are still biting!  The water is still beautiful! Lots of walkers are on the sandy beaches and I will be swimming and enjoying all that our beaches have to offer around sunrise tomorrow.  Make some plans to visit and see how special Sarasota really is.  You won't be disappointed. View our live BEACH CAM

No comments:

Post a Comment