Thursday, September 23, 2010

Sarasota Lifestyles and Waterfront Interests

As a resident of Sarasota for over 20 years (except for a small detour to Dallas, TX), I have come to admire and respect all that Sarasota has to offer.  My family returned from Dallas in 2004 and arrived just in time to experience the wrath of Hurricane Charley, and three more that followed on its heals.  But not to be deterred by a little rain and wind, we settled in and promised ourselves that we would never leave again, if at all possible. I told my wife that I would be a garbage man if needed so that we could stay and reap the benefits of all that Sarasota has to offer.

With the rise and fall of the Sarasota real estate market, in the middle part of this century, I think we have come full circle.  Recently, there have been several articles about where Sarasota ranks in terms of places to live in the U.S.  I am sure there is lots of data that they take into account when determining the rankings (schools, arts, community, jobs, quality of life, etc.), but one of the top criteria in the recent report was home value.  Sarasota ranked #2 recently of places to go where you could get a great deal on a home or condo. Heck, even if we were in the TOP 10, we would still be an attractive to live!!!!

It is with that ranking in mind, I want to set out over the next near to write articles about real estate on the waterways around Bird Key, Siesta Key, Longboat Key and Casey Key, boating opportunities, places where you can eat dinner on the water and arrive by boat or car. I will review marina's and storage facilities. Since fishing is such a big part of Sarasota life, I will make recommendations regarding some of the best fishing guides from Sarasota to Boca Grande.  Sites to see will also be high on my list.  From Eggmont to Caya Costa, there are many interesting landmarks and places of interest that should be visited if you have access to the water. With my dear friend and writer, Rebecca Robinson, we will indulge your senses with articles about wines and meals that can be eaten on your boat, on the beach, or on your dock!!! Check Back Often for great information on living Sarasota Style.

My newsletter will also be up and running in short order.  You will be able to join at http://www.discoversarasotarealestate.com/ and receive a newsletter once-a-month.  It should be fun and interesting!!!!  See ya soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment